How to select the correct order duration and price when creating orders for your customers
When manually creating orders for your customers through Rentle, selecting the correct rental duration is crucial, as it directly impacts the automatically calculated rental price for your products. In this article, we will explore and compare the two methods available for choosing the rental duration to ensure you are effectively managing your rental orders.
On this page
1. Selecting products based on the rental period
In some cases the rental period might be more important than the actual products. If your customer for instance wants to rent a dress for a wedding, choose this method to see which dresses you can offer at the already set wedding date.
- Select the start date and rental duration from the dropdown menus to see which products are available in this time.
- Select the desired products by clicking on them and Twice will calculate the return time and price automatically.
Note: Without a selected product, the duration dropdown will display all rental periods you have defined in all your products' pricing tables
2. Select the rental period based on products
In other cases the rental products might be more important than the actual rental period. If your customer for instance wants to rent a red summer dress for no particular event, choose this method to see when the dress is available.
- Select the product(s) your customer wants to rent.Twice will now display all defined rental periods for the chosen product(s) in the dropdown menu.
- Select the start date and rental duration from the dropdown menus and Twice will calculate the return time and price automatically.
3. Selecting a custom duration and price
You have full control over your offered rental durations and pricings when creating orders for your customers. If your customer wants to rent a purple dress for two weeks and you usually just offer shorter rental durations, choose this method to accommodate your customer's wishes.
A custom duration can be selected by either selecting Start and End time manually or choosing a duration from the dropdown before selecting a product that does not have a pre-defined price for this duration
Example with Video
In the video below you'll find the three examples used above:
- Laura: Book an available dress for a wedding on the 14th of October
- Carla: Book the red dress for any 4 days in October
- Debbie: Book the purple dress for 2 weeks, even though you don't have a defined price for it and give a discount
Tip: When selecting a custom rental duration, for which you don't have a price defined, Twice will extrapolate your pricing according to the existing pricing of each product.
It is good practice to always confirm whether the displayed total sum in an order is correct. Remember that you can always easily edit order duration and price for unpaid orders.