How to bundle products into a product package
Product packages allow you to create different product and service combinations from the items you have in your inventory. Bundling up your products makes your product catalog more streamlined, thus helping your customers to browse and book your products more efficiently.
Note: To use this feature, make sure to upgrade your Twice Plan to Discover, Build, or Advance.
On this page
Why create product packages
Example: Your shop has 20 touring bikes, 15 helmets, and 30 frame bags in stock. You can rent them out individually, but some customers might need all three products at once. You can bundle them up already into packages, so the booking process is easier for your customers. Additionally, you can give a special price when renting the three products together as opposed to selecting them individually.
If these pieces of equipment are bundled into a package, the availability of packages is 15 based on the number of helmets. Thus, when you run out of available helmets, you can't rent out the sets anymore, although there are still bikes and bags available. Those you can still rent out individually. You can also decide to just rent them out it packages and set the individual products to be hidden, if they should not be available outside of the package.
How to create product packages
- Install the package products block from your Twice Block Store.
- Create all individual products before bundling them into a package.
Create a package product:
- Navigate to your Catalog and click on New product in the top right corner.
- Fill out at least the product name and click create product. Remember you can edit the details later on.
- In the General tab, scroll down and check the "This is a product package" checkbox.
- Search products you want to add and click on the product in the list
- When you have added all the products to the set, click the Save Changes button in the top right corner.
- The quantity of each individual product in a package is always set to 1.
- Package products can only include individual products (nested packages are not yet supported)