How to create a product to be available as a subscription
Your products in Twice can be available for sale, for one-time rent, or for long-term rent under a subscription contract with periodically recurring billing. When selling access to subscription products, you define the (minimum) length of the contract period and price, your customers will pay the first fee upon check-out and Twice charges the customer's payment card according to the billing cycle until the end of the contract.
On this page
Requirements and limitations
The current version of Rentle's subscription features comes with the following requirements and limitations:
Recurring payments for subscription products are available only via credit and debit card payments. Enable online payments.
The billing cycles are currently pre-set to be monthly.
Pre-authorized security deposits have a time restriction and can't be held longer than 7 days (Stripe) or 28 days (Rentle Payments).
How to create subscription products
- From your catalog select new product.
- Enter at least the product name and scroll down to define the monthly subscription price
- You can already enter a product description, select the correct category, and tax rate, and add product images now. You can however add and edit those at a later point as well.
- Click create product
2. Make it available to your customers
By default, your newly created product has unlimited availability. To limit its availability, it must be connected to an SKU in your inventory.
- Navigate to the Availability tab and click Connect to inventory.
- Click Choose SKU and select from the dropdown menu either an existing SKU (when you already created your inventory) or +Create new SKU and insert how many articles you have available. A detailed guide on connecting products to inventory can be found in another article.
- Lastly, navigate back to your product's General settings and set your product to be publicly visible in your sales channels, and click save.
That's it, your product is now available for subscriptions to your customers!
3. More product settings
Once you have created a basic rental product it's time to finetune its settings.